CAMGSD and its members consider the involvement in outreach programs targeted at youngsters interested in Mathematics to be very important. Particularly relevant, among these, are the participation in the Ciência Viva nas Férias program and various activities involving partnership protocols with several schools (7th to 12th grade).
Examples of activities
- The Geometry of Relativity (Summer of 2010)
- Public lectures by José Natário
- Mathematics and Satellite Orbits (Summer of 2009)
- Topology (Summer de 2008)
- Nonlinear Science (Summer of 2006)
- Chaos and Order (Summer of 2003)
- Knots (Summer of 2002)
- Ciência Viva nas Férias (Summer of 1998)
The Center also participates regularly in other outreach programs in mathematics, such as the Novos Talentos em Matemática.
- Participation in Mathematical Routes of TU Lisbon: 2012, 2011, 2010.
- Participation in the Mathematics IST Winter Schools: 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010 and 2009.
- Participation in Mathematics: The Science of Nature.
- Outreach texts and talks.
- Participation in Ciência 2010: Milena Chermisi, Sérgio Pequito and Gabriele Terrone.
- Participation in Ciência 2008: Carlos Rocha.